English Language Laboratory
In recent times, language laboratories have become mandatory in all colleges and universities. In an era where getting a job has become fiercely competitive, students must be confident to face interviews and participate in group discussions. This is where the language laboratory is of immense help to them. The language laboratory which consists of twenty computers, aids students in improving information technology by developing language skills. CALL an abbreviation for Computer Assisted Language Learning, is an interactive method of instruction that help learners achieve their goal of' learning, at their own pace and ability. In this method, computer technology is used in teaching / learning procedures at all stages such as presentation, practice and feedback. The benefits of the language lab are:-
- Helps in enriching English language skills.
- Connects a learning place to the outside world.
- Helps in relating academics to the practical needs of the outside world.
- Serves as a 'Surrogate teacher'.
- Aids in collaborative and cooperative learning.
- Is ideal for carrying out repeated drills.
- Provides impartial feedback.
- Creates a realistic environment (for example, listening activities are combined with visuals).
- Is ideal for integrating skills such as reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Provides a choice of an appropriate learning strategy.
- Acts as a ready-reckoner for all queries in the field of language learning / teaching.
Officer-in-charge : Prof. Madhusmita Pati, Department of English
Disclaimer : This is the official website of Rama Devi Women's University, Department of Higher Education, Govt. of Odisha.The website is developed and hosted by National Informatics Center. Rama Devi Women's University, Govt. of Odisha is the owner of the website.
Copyright © 2021 rdwuniversity.nic.in
All Rights Reserved.